dovobet gel

Posted Sun 9 Oct 2016 11.03 by Libby0888

I've recently started using Dovobet Gel again after being pregnant. I have found it's the only thing that's worked for me but once i stopped using it previously my psoriasis came back even worse. is there a way to stop using Dovobet Gel or do you use it continuously? I tried asking my GP but he doesn't seem to know. Thanks to anyone who replies!

Posted Mon 10 Oct 2016 10.40 by Lifeboatman (edited Mon 10 Oct 2016 10.40 by Lifeboatman)
Lifelong sufferer, now exacerbated by 'Healthy Heart' drugs

Hi Libby I have used Dovobet ointment for some time, it is very effective but needs to used with extreme caution, it is a steroid based ointment and should NEVER be used on areas of sensitive skin. I assume same would apply to the gel. I use the smallest amount possible, and once the flare up decreases continue with Cetomagrocol cream BUT NOT at the same time. After many years of Betnovate, changing to Dovobet was like upgrading from a Morris Minor to a Jaguar. I found this site useful, if not a little scary!! https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/8851 Take care Terry (Lifeboatman)

Posted Thu 13 Oct 2016 14.21 by wooksforever1

Hiya, I am currently under the care of a dermatologist who has advised me to alternate dovobet with dovonex to get off the steroid treatment if that helps

Posted Sat 15 Oct 2016 18.25 by Mark

I have used Dovobet ointment for many years and found that it's more effective when i stop using it for a while and then start again. Initially i only managed breaks of two weeks but now i use it daily for about a week and then use only moisturizer for eight to ten weeks.

Posted Wed 26 Oct 2016 10.30 by coll5051

Hi, Used Dovobet Gel & Ointment for years ( before going onto MTX) it does work, but can be a pain to apply everyday, and also leaves marks wherever it touches, I agree its best to use for a week or so, then take a break, the thinner one is best for the scalp. best of Luck

Posted Thu 24 Dec 2020 00.56 by squiggles72
I have had psoriasis since I was 13 years old. In recent years it has affected my scalp badly. I have it on my elbows, the bottom of my back

My gp has said they won’t be prescribing Dovobet gel any longer. This is the only thing that works on my scalp. They won’t tell me why. Anyone else having problems?

Posted Tue 29 Dec 2020 09.04 by Lel

I would contact the pharmaceutical company direct. I had the same problem with a tape I was using. It had helped me so much. One desperate day I emailed the company asking why they had stopped producing it as i foubd it so helpful. Turned out they company had just changed the name of the product.

To take part, sign in or register with us