Hey all im new!!

Posted Sat 22 Oct 2016 09.53 by delhome

I am due to go for light therapy. people don't see my ps as I hide it well. I work as a chef which doesn't help. the heat annoys me.stress levels are through the roof

Posted Thu 3 Nov 2016 23.39 by Charlotte
Scalp, face & all nooks and crannies, used to be outgoing but nowadays feel that people only notice the snowstorm from my head.

Hello, I'm Charlotte and I'm new! I've had psoriasis for 10 years on my scalp, face and under my arms. I suppose I'm lucky that it isn't all over my body but I do start to feel like a monkey when I'm constantly itching my armpits! Does anybody else struggle to talk to new people or build any confidence because they worry everyone is looking at their slightly dodgy skin? Would love to hear from people who are just as self-conscious and shy as I am. Thinking of you all xx

Posted Sat 12 Nov 2016 19.07 by no1uknow

im new and just joined also! :-) i have a bad memory lmao! but i just round it off... i have had psoriasis & psoriatic arthritis for 10 years now. Psoriasis: -started off on methotrexate tablets... but then opted for the injections (did a better job and did not make me feel sick) - with: Balneum Plus bath oil (Almirall Ltd) Loratadine 10mg tablets Capasal Therapeutic shampoo (Dermal Laboratories Ltd) Calcipotriol 0.005% / Betamethasone dipropionate 0.05% gel Balneum cream (Almirall Ltd) Hydrocortisone 1% / Miconazole 2% ointment lol... it had helped me calm my condition... but i was greased up all the dam time! now i am on a Biological drug; Humira injections.... and apart from a tiny patch on my leg I WAS CURED!!! OOO YESS!!!! BUT! recently... like 3 months... its all come back again! i am covered! :-( i do have a appointment with my dermatologist and they may increase the dosage or try a different biological drug and regarding my psoriatic arthritis; when it first happened i was not sure what it was my finger joint was like jelly (mush) and there i was snapping away ! lol not its deformed (bent!) don't be snapping away at your joints lol! 3 times i had to use a bloody zimmer frame to walk around thats how bad the flareups have been... and i think i maybe getting my 4th flare up as i type this. this is what i was talking: Paracetamol 500mg tablets Dihydrocodeine 30mg tablets Naproxen 250mg tablets NOTE: STRESS REALLY plays a big part (in every aspect of life)... calm down and be happy! ;-) :-) anyway.. my fingers are hurting now lol be happy and keep on smiling! :-) I love you and all of my brothers and sisters! lol seriously :-)

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2016 01.02 by Kirstyleanne

I'm new to this, I have had P since I was 8, I was covered and avoided school, ever since I have been trying all the creams they could prescribe me, i found the 'diprosalic' hair treatment for P works wonders all over body, it stings a little but seems to clear it up within 2 days whilst using doublebase moisturiser!

Posted Sun 13 Nov 2016 07.06 by sjp123

I recently wrote I didn't think Ensilar was working for me. I was wrong it is In overjoyed. I use it sparingly and was distraught when my partner said the air freshener wasn't working well. He hadn't got his glasses and used my Enstilar. I was gutted

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2016 19.42 by BobbyJean
I love heavy metal xx

Hello everybody, Im new to this forum. But not new to Psoriasis. I have had P for a lot of years and still not used to it. All I can say from my experience is that it is very Random! x

Posted Tue 15 Nov 2016 22.35 by Aimee

Ahhh I'm definetly in same boat. Just signed up to this site hoping to find answers and talk about psoriasis. I'm 26 and have suffered with psoriasis since doing my GCSEs... so over ten years ago. I hate it. Nothing helps me apart from pregnancy - I can't be pregnant for the rest of my life.. SOS

Posted Wed 16 Nov 2016 22.36 by VickyH

Hi all, I have had psoriasis for 7 years now. Tried various treatments, just moved to enstilar and it's fantastic! Definitely recommend. Diet plays a big part, so does stress and getting a lots of bituminous D/sunlight. The thing that works for me is to slather moisturiser on when I get out the shower and cover knees and elbows using tubigrip - makes it soak in better. Same process with ointments. I also take juice plus (supplements) I also suffer from celiac disease and removing gluten once diagnosed also improved my skin. Happy to talk to anyone that wants/needs it.

Posted Thu 17 Nov 2016 20.05 by BobbyJean
I love heavy metal xx

Hi Aimee, I know what you mean I was totally free during my pregnancies also. But this cant be the only answer. I am feeling for you right now because you are still so young. I was so unhappy with myself at your age. I only hope that you have got an understanding partner because that makes all the difference. Light treatment was my saviour. It helped so much. But that doesn't come without risks. Its such a vicious circle. Chat whenever you want X

Posted Mon 21 Nov 2016 17.52 by Claireb

Hey, i'm new to this also :) i use the dream cream from lush and it works wonders, so soothing

Posted Wed 7 Dec 2016 15.59 by VWAPLady
Retired ex university employee now focused on writing, photography and oil painting.

Hello friends, I've just joined up to converse with people who suffer as I do. I was 7 years old when P started. I am now 65 and retired and still suffering. I agree with those of you who have said that no-one who does not have P can possibly relate to those who have it. If it visible it is a nightmare. If not, it is a blessing (as you know). I had the very public nightmare as a young schoolgirl, and now my nightmare is private as it is not now visible, but covers around 30-40% of my body, fluctuating in its coverage and from mild to unbearable and/or itchy. I always wear trousers but I can wear dresses if I wear dark tights, but the sleeves need to be long. Sunlight does help but I was advised to be very careful about covering up after PUVA treatment as it increases the risk of skin cancer so I never sunbathe or expose my arms in sunshine for very long. Despite the misery I have had, and still enjoy, a full life. It took a long time to overcome the misery inflicted on me as a child but I know it made me stronger in the long run. You are all probably the same. If not, I hope you will become so. My belief is that we should set out to cheat adversity of its intention to make us miserable. Never let it beat you. Keep smiling and kick adversity into touch!

Posted Wed 7 Dec 2016 22.36 by Kt33

Hi All, I've just signed up this evening, and I'll start by saying how refreshing it is to hear such openness. So I'm KT and I've had psoriasis for about 6 years (I'm in my 30s). I'll be honest, I find it a struggle. My legs, arms, back and stomach are affected, so as someone who likes the beach and the sun, this makes things difficult. The one thing that worked for me 5 years ago was UVB Light treatment. Completely cleared it up, but about 3 years after, it flared up again. I've used Elecon, diprosalic and other creams, which to be honest have done nothing. I'd be interested in people's views on diet. I'm willing to eliminate anything if it means better skin. Thanks All KT

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 12.24 by Rob5813

Hi im rob i have scalp psoriasis for well over 5 years now and im get fead up with the creams and shampo which my GP keeps handing out any help please ?

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 12.52 by Karl
Former chef,and a long sufferer of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis

Hi rob, I've been using a mixture of aloe vera and manuka honey shampoo's from holland and barrett and they have calmed my scalp down,like you been given all those steriod ointments and yes they may work short term,they are not good for you over a long period. So I've gone to using more natural products. All the best. Karl.

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 13.20 by Rob5813

Karl, Which one please as its worth the few pounds it costs if it helps. Yes ive been given all the ointments even the shower cap job over night so if it helps im in to try Thanks Rob

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 13.35 by Karl

Hi rob, its the dr organic range from holland and barrett, i currently use the manuka honey shampoo and body wash. Its not cheap but it may help you. Karl

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 15.38 by Rob5813

Karl, Straight from work ill get some and try Ill post the results in here if it helps as somethings got to Thanks You might want to posted it else where on here as others are asking the same question Many thanks Rob

Posted Thu 8 Dec 2016 17.33 by Karl

Hi rob, Yeah keep me posted how you get on and fingers crossed it calms it down for you. Karl

Posted Tue 27 Dec 2016 01.53 by Ang

HI all I'm new to this site . I'very had psoriasis on my scalp for about 2 years and have only done ointment and t-gel shamppoo. Helped for a bit but noticing it is spreading to other areas of my body. Last time I spoke to my dermatologist he said there is nothing else he can do. The itching is driving crazy! Any suggestions would be much appreciated. By the way can menopause bring this on?

Posted Wed 25 Jan 2017 14.53 by Lauren Louise (edited Wed 25 Jan 2017 14.55 by Lauren Louise )

Hello my name is lauren I am 20 years old I have just signed up to this page and I wanted to get some advice. I was diagnosed with psoriasis arthritis last year, I suffer with my head, my stomach, my joints are so painful some days I can't even walk or get out of bed. my knees are so painful they give way and I struggle to get up and down the stairs. the swelling is always there it doesn't go down my wrist has blown up and my foot I'm literally sliding my foot across the floor. I'm unable to work and go out and have a laugh and do what I wanna do. I get so embarrassed because when I'm walking it takes me a while and get worried people may look. I have been using this treatment called sebco it goes on my head over night and then I use the shampoo to wash it out and it goes and clears up and then I don't use it for a few weeks and it comes back up again. The doctors couldn't believe how angry it has been just over a few months it just all hit me at once. I am on theses tablets that I take once a week but they haven't done anything. The pain is unbearable! I just hope that one way it will get easier and better but the hospital told me that it will never get better. Thank you all Lauren X

To take part, sign in or register with us