Clarelux and Enstillar foams

Posted Thu 4 May 2017 07.55 by RaynaMorgan

Has anybody used both of these together? I can't find many reviews for the Clarelux online. I have plaque psoriasis all over my feet, ankles, knees, elbows and my lower back. Tried dovobet, and all the usual creams with no success. Have been referred for light therapy but waiting for an appointment still. Gp has finally prescribed these foams but im not sure whether to try one first and then the other to have a clearer idea of which one may work or if I'm supposed to try them both alongside each other.

Posted Tue 9 May 2017 14.42 by Metarie1985
Beauty standard ignorer, unapologetic P sufferer for 10 years, determined to stay positive!

If your GP has prescribed both without warning you not to use them at the same time you should be ok. Looking online it appears that Clarelux is for use on the scalp so you wouldn't be using them in the same place. I've never heard of Clarelux but used Bettamousse for a while which I think might be similar. There is an ingredient in that which also promotes hair growth to combat the loss you can get with bad scalp P - for this reason I wouldn't use Clarelux anywhere else on your body in case it is the same - you don't want to end up fuzzy and flakey! but if in doubt, phone your GP! It's got to be faster and more reliable than an internet forum :)

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2018 14.58 by tinyotterpaws

Hello I'm new to the forum, so late to this discussion but found it when searching on Google. I've been using Clarelux for scalp psoriasis and it has been great - really cleared things up and managing to go about a week between applications. However, there now seems to be a shortage of Clarelux - my pharmacy cannot get hold of any and so after a lot of prodding from me, finally gave me Enstillar. IT IS THE WORST THING EVER! Clarelux firstly costs about a tenner for the pharmacy vs Enstillar which costs about £80 a bottle so I can see why they were reluctant to give me it. I applied Enstillar as directed and the very next day had to spend £40 in the hairdresser trying to remove it from my hair AND my scalp is itchier than it was before. I'd recommend for scalp to avoid Enstillar as it really longterm is just going to do more harm than good and will leave you looking and feeling bloody awful! I am sure it is better on other areas of the body but scalp - NOOOO. Bettamouse is pretty much the same thing as Clarelux but a shortage of both has left me rationing what little Clarelux I have left. Anyone had any success in purchasing it privately with a prescription? I absolutely do not mind paying for it as long as I can actually get it!

Posted Thu 29 Nov 2018 16.43 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Clarelux is currently unavailable. There are some useful resources on this website, not only this forum. If you look under the sub-heading 'Psoriasis and Treatments' for example: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/psoriasis-and-treatments/unavailable-treatments

To take part, sign in or register with us