New sufferer - haircut?!

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 00.03 by Laurajane

Hey All! About 9 months ago my hair started falling out and I began with 1 small flaky itchy ‘scab’ now my whole scalp is covered, in my ears, behind my ears in my eyebrows... everywhere!! I’ve been using Capasol shampoo and have just started using the Betacap steroid medication/liquid... I have long thick hair but have decided I need it cut shorter in the hope it’ll help me treat my psoriasis easier, I currently end up with LOTS of little white flaky bits all tangled in my hair and I’ve had enough, I have contemplated shaving my hair off but decided to try a shorter style... anyone else been through this?! I’m sure there’s lots of you and I’d love to hear your recommendations on treatment etc! Laura x

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 07.20 by victoria

Hi Laura I feel for you stop using capasol shampoo with chemicals that irritate the scalp before cutting hair try Johnson's baby shampoo plus wash hair only twice a week try that best of luck Victoria

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 09.25 by gocool

Hi, Laura, victoria i have been psoriasis since 2 years..Now no one talk to me because i don't talk to anybody cause i am psoriasis. If i told any body, i feel "Will they notice me i have psoriasis".I have frustration anytime because of this....And also my age is 25 years old.. At my 24th age , I had so many stress and strain( i.e... only 4 hours sleep, didn't eat well, and at the same time Hardwork) that results, psoriasis might be affect me....can any body talk to me as a friend through my facebook. or email...something..I want true friends..no cheating friends...Then only i will make me happy as myself without these disease concern... Thanking You

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 09.38 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Thu 13 Sep 2018 08.20 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Hi gocool, There was a Facebook group organised by some of the people on this forum. You can read about it here: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2096 https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2100 Good luck,

Posted Wed 12 Sep 2018 20.54 by Psoriasis Options

Hi Laurajane, I assume from your username that you are female, and from your comments that you generally wear your hair long. I am male, and currently have my hair short. But I assure you, you are not alone with an itchy flaky psoriasis scalp, nor with your concerns about going to the hairdresser, and I (and many others no doubt) feel exactly the same fears and concerns. I wrote a blog post on this subject recently. It may or may not resonate with you because, with my very short hair, my subject matter is more about people seeing my scalp clearly after a fresh haircut, Also, I always take a fairly humorous approach to my subject matter. But feel free to have a look. (This is my first post on this forum - I hope it is OK to post a link to my blog, assuming that it is relevant to the discussion?) https://psoriasisoptions.co.uk/psoriasis-getting-a-haircut

Posted Thu 13 Sep 2018 02.00 by victoria

Hi Laura Unfortunately I do not like social media. I would give you my email address but cannot so sorry be strong please Victoria

To take part, sign in or register with us