"miracle cures ".........

Posted Mon 8 Apr 2019 13.56 by bryan james mcneill

hi , bryan here , anyone got any experience or/and opinions on the so called "magical psoriasis cures " that pop up on the internet ......zudaifu and exeskin in particular ........thank u in anticipation of a reply .

Posted Mon 8 Apr 2019 19.47 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Tue 9 Apr 2019 11.02 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Hi Bryan, I do not know anything about exeskin, but regarding zudaifu generally you take some risks if you use any unlicensed medicines originating from China. http://www.papaa.org/news/zudaifu-cream-warning https://www.gov.uk/government/news/herbal-skin-cream-found-to-contain-steroids https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/news/yiganerjing-cream-found-to-contain-steroids The problem is that sometimes: - they claim to be 100% herbal or natural, even claim to be "steroid-free", but in fact contain steroids; - there might be other undeclared ACTIVE ingredients; - the concentration of steroid used is not regulated, and not well controlled during the manufacturing process, so: -different batches might contain different concentrations of steroid; -different batches might even contain different steroids or other ingredients; Some people have expressed annoyance that these ointments have been banned from legal sale and legal import to the UK, and say they intend to continue to buy them online and use them - that is of course a personal choice.

Posted Thu 11 Apr 2019 09.50 by bryan james mcneill

thank you ........

Posted Thu 11 Apr 2019 19.56 by Mainecoon1

Not sure that this in the right topic place ? ! have had Psoriasis for 40 years , affecting Scalp / Torso . GP prescribed Betnovate / Dovonex etc ... no good ! I have been using Childs Farm Sensitive Lotion for the last few months & my large amount of Torso Psoriasis has all but gone . As a Nurse i am amazed & will continue to use this . Next stop .. tackling the Scalp ! Worth a try , but obviously not for everyone !

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 09.13 by bryan james mcneill

hi mainecoon 1 , thanks for your reply , where wwould i get more information on childs far sensitive lotion ...?.......bryan .

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 09.49 by OhNo_NotAgain? (edited Fri 12 Apr 2019 09.57 by OhNo_NotAgain?)

Childs Farm is available from Boots and most similar shops and also online. There were stories in the media about it around 15-18 months ago (also about MooGoo). It was hailed as a "miracle cure". search for "Childs Farm moisturiser grapefruit and organic tea tree oil" as one example of the product (thereare different "flavours" and sizes available). Also, note: https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2109 There were many posts on here about both lotions some people found they helped and some found nothing spectacular. In my personal experience, neither was better than any other emollient/moisturiser. But Childs Farm is not particularly expensive, so worth a try.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 10.07 by bryan james mcneill

thank you ...will try .......

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 10.31 by Mainecoon1

Childs Farm Sensitive is also available at Asda / Morissons . About £4 for 250 ml bottle ( Boots stock it for same price & also larger 500 ml bottle for around £8 ) . Am pleased with it , as for me it seemed to .work very well . As a Nurse I was delighted when it eventually cleared up the small patches on both elbows & hand . Good luck in whatever you decide for future treatment !

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 10.51 by bryan james mcneill

is it ok to use this along with what has been prescribed by the n h s dermatologist ...........ie , alphosyl ( shampoo).... & cocois & trimovate (ointments )........?

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 11.08 by OhNo_NotAgain?

Generally I would say yes. My own doctor prescribed me DoubleBase Gel (emollient/moisturiser to use alongside coal-tar and steroid treatments. But to be certain, or if you are in dpubt, you ought to be able to phone the dermatologist (perhaps leaving a message) to ask. I was able to use the prrescribed treatments once or twice a day as advised, and use the Doublebase or other moisturiser treatments as often as I felt I wanted or needed.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 11.12 by Mainecoon1

The ingredients stated on Childs Farm claim to be fairly natural . Trimovate Cream contains some Oxytetracycline which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic & also Nystatin which is an anti-fungal ( amongst other ingredients ) I would personally discuss this with your Dermatologist as some benefits could be negated . Good Luck !.

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 13.19 by bryan james mcneill

thanks all .........

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 15.05 by Mili
Hello! Thanks for taking time to read my bio. I am 28 YO, live in London, keen swimmer, I enjoy live gigs, festivals, time with friends

Childs Farm did nothing for me :( I'm glad it provided relief to someone but I bought three packs and used it a few times a day and it really did nothing for me.... Dead Sea salts seem to sooth the pain.... mild bath, not hot! Good luck!

Posted Fri 12 Apr 2019 15.26 by bryan james mcneill

i,ve been told that all the available lotion,s and potion,s are trial and error , what work,s for one , might not work for another ........very good to have this site to discuss things though .......

To take part, sign in or register with us