exercise

Posted Thu 23 Apr 2020 06.13 by horace77

Can anyone tell me the effects of exercise on psoriasis and the difference between psoriasis and eczema? I ask about exercise because I notice my psoriasis is mainly on my arms and legs. my back is a little bit itchy but generally my trunk and head in particular is clear. This gives me the thought that circulation improves it. I rarely hear of psoriasis on the head and it is known to have a good circulation compared with the rest of the body, Thereby exercise should be good for psoriasis as it is good for circulation? Yes or no? I am also confused since I read that beta blockers like Bisoprolol can cause psoriasis and since I was taken off this about 4-6 weeks ago the psoriasis on my hands has improved a lot. However several GPs in my old practice never told me what it was and I was eventually told by a hospital junior doctor as a passing comment when seeing him about something else. However now a young Doctor at my new GP surgery sees photos sent by e mail of parts of my body and says it is eczema . What is the difference? She is going to send me strong steroid cream that I am told I have to be careful with. Difficult life?

Posted Sat 23 May 2020 01.21 by Londoner

Hi, you may want to look into understanding a bit about Allergic Contact Dermatitis, as I've been definitively diagnosed with also. If you think that might be affecting you, you would need to speak to your GP to push for a referral to a dermatologist/allergist for patch testing for chemical allergens. I have just posted my own story about my experiences with the same on the "Treatments" discussion page of this forum. Good luck!!

To take part, sign in or register with us