Psoriasis and Turmeric Creams

Posted Fri 3 Jul 2020 22.05 by Morgannwg

I have suffered with Psoriasis for 52 years and have tried numerous treatments including steroid creams, oral treatments and light therapy to name a few with limited effect. I have recently been made aware of the use of Turmeric cream as a way of reducing the worst effects of the damage to the skin from Psoriasis. Has anyone tried this, if so did it help. Any information on the use of Turmeric would be gratefully received. Thank you

Posted Fri 17 Jul 2020 11.16 by PsoAdminMod

Hi there, Whilst there is not enough evidence to suggest a single diet or supplement that treats psoriasis, or that works for everyone, you may find the following threads about tumeric helpful if you haven't seen them already; https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=2848 https://www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/forums/topic.aspx?ID=339 Best Wishes, Amber, Psoriasis Association

Posted Sat 18 Jul 2020 18.56 by Chrissie NW

Hi this is for Morgannwg, I also have Chronic Psoriasis for 54yrs tried everything months is hospital, trials,, private treatment in American all a waste of time I now Psoriatic Psoriasis, Guttate Psoriasis, but I don’t if you are aware, if you have high blood pressure you must not take Tumeric in any form. I tried the Blueberry Trial on another Forum I ate the 20 per day not frozen all fresh I took them from 8-10 weeks and I was clear for the first time in my life in fact it changed my life, I took no medication at all just Double Base Emollient for my dry skin, dropped all wine and spirits (which I find is not good for all Psoriasis sufferers) I now after two years just the odd blob not the red raw skin all over except for my face. If you haven’t looked at the Blueberry Forum, have a look, it has a massive percentage of people who was clear, but we are all different, and some people clear quicker than others, and thought it was incredible. Chrissie Bach N.Wales

Posted Sun 19 Jul 2020 12.59 by Tulip

Hi Chrissie, The blueberry thread is amazing. I hope you don’t mind me asking but you said you had psoriatic psoriasis. Did you mean to saypsoriatic arthritis? I am just curious if the blueberry s helped this also? You seem to ha e had such a good result with the skin clearing up, but I wondered if it also helped with arthritis. Many thanks

Posted Sun 19 Jul 2020 15.20 by Chrissie NW

Hi there, yes I did psoriatic arthritis, error don’t know what I was thinking. Blueberries is the highest fruit for arthritis and I use to suffer terrible, but I’m not saying it cured me, but it definitely helped me tremendously I only have a 1/4 of the pain, but my skin is roughly 95% better, nothing like before and nothing has changed in my life but blueberries, I’ve even bought two blueberry bushes but will both produce fruit next year, but people on the site do say I’ve been taking them for three weeks and my skin is worse, but that happened to me I had a huge flare up, but I didn’t use any meds just emollient and kept in eating the fruit and it worked I still have the 20 but no meds at all for Psoriasis, I have never taken any meds for Arthritis I should persevere as I know several people who are on meds and have horrific experiences on them, so I don’t take any only a couple of Paracetamol if needed. If you decide to join the Blueberries get on the site you will find loads of help , but don’t give up even if you flare some say nothing has happened and I have been taking them for three weeks, that’s no good we are all different. Hope this helps. The man who opened the site he is on as PDR but we call him Sir Phil as this as help lots of people truly amazing this man. I don’t go on often now with been good, but I do go and have a look now and again. Take care. Chrissie N Wales

To take part, sign in or register with us