Thinning skin

Posted Sun 16 May 2021 19.50 by E Drury

Help please . I developed guttate after my dad and stepdaughter died 10 years ago . I got shingles twice in my head and eyes and once it had gone the p started . I’ve had light treatment and several creams and potions . I take vitamin D daily . I use enstiller foam to try and keep on top of things . It’s mainly my legs and elbows & scalp. It’s got to the stage that if I just bump my arm s it tears the skin or bruises a blood red purple mark! I wear long sleeves to try and protect my arms but even if I bump my arm not even that hard whilst cleaning , I’m covered in blood ! Any one any advice ?

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 22.50 by Steview
A P sufferer for over 30 years, through good and bad times.

Sorry to hear that. I fully understand your situation, I too only have to have a slight bang and it can lead to blood blisters then the skin will tear even if I had been wearing a shirt or jumper etc. I know this is down to years of applying steroid ointment. What can help? that is a difficult question as the damage may already have been done. I don't use as much steroid cream as I used to which may help plus I am a little more careful to try and avoid banging arms and legs, although that may not be possible at times. Good luck.

1 Posted Mon 17 May 2021 23.27 by SharonG

I say NO to steroids and YES to Blueberries - check out the Blueberry thread.

Posted Mon 17 May 2021 23.28 by SharonG

Posted Fri 10 Jun 2022 10.47 by adrianknowles

The thinning of the skin cannot be reversed. Moisturizing the skin, on the other hand, can make it more pliable and less likely to break. Anything that causes the skin to become red or inflamed is likely to be harmful. A person with thin skin may require extra protection. To know more visit https://healthsolutionblogs.com/category/skin-and-beauty/

1 Posted Fri 10 Jun 2022 22.16 by Mary1968

adrianknowles Will have to disagree with you there when you say: "The thinning of the skin cannot be reversed". It indeed CAN be reversed. You simply stop using steroidal creams, and it will (over time) heal.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 2022 23.18 by AK_Aardvark (edited Fri 10 Jun 2022 23.23 by AK_Aardvark)

Adrianknowles I completely agree with Mary1968. Once I stopped using the steroidal creams and ointments my skin healed and now is back to normal. It most definitely can be reversed as my skin is proof of that. I take no Rx’s now and have healed my guttate psoriasis by diet, supplements and exercise. I’ve had a couple tiny flares because I ate something off or scraped my skin out working in the yard. The spots cleared up in around 5 days. I also didn’t have a flare over winter which is amazing. Needless to say I am very thankful!

To take part, sign in or register with us