Psoriasis help

Posted Fri 11 Sep 2015 18.08 by Fugly
The constant itching is unbearable and it has knocked my confidence

Hi all, I'm new to this site an was hoping for some advice with my psoriasis. Iv suffered with it for the last 10 years, currently it's really flared up all in my head, behind and in my ears which is unbareable! I also have it on my legs, arms etc pretty much patches everywhere.the only cream I have ever been given is dovobet which I find really greasy and marks all ur clothes an bedding. Iv asked my more than unless gp who just told me to continue with doublebase moisturiser and he would not refer me back to the dermatologists as he didn't feel it was bad enough.does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to get help? Thanks

Posted Mon 14 Sep 2015 14.57 by Will
I've has psoriasis for 44 years and psoriatic arthritis for 30 years with suspected psoriatic ankylosing

Tell your GP that you want to see a dermatologist, I've had psoriasis for 44 yrs and I feel I know more about it than a GP. I have a great dermatologist, she takes my opinion into account; before starting a treatment she asks that read about it on www.bad.org.uk, some doctors only treat the disease, others treat the patient, my dermatologist falls into the latter category. Be careful with Dovobet, I've found it ok for occasional use but not long term. The only two treatments that have cleared my psoriasis have been PUVA, have had 3 courses in the past, not able to have anymore and Ciclosporine which I am currently taking, however my psoriasis is creeping back on my ankles since my dosage has been reduced. I went a few years without seeing a dermatologist, however when I felt that I needed to see one I made an appointment with my GP, they asked what I was there for, I replied that I want to be referred to see a dermatologist, they referred me without question, so don't take no for an answer.

To take part, sign in or register with us