Getting government benefits?

Posted Mon 22 Jan 2024 16.13 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Wondering if anyone here has been able to claim PIP or DLA as a result of their psoriasis. As someone with severe palmoplantar pustular psoriasis I'm pretty much housebound and need help with getting around and basic tasks. For example, I can't walk far and also can't use a conventional wheelchair because of the condition of my hands. Likewise I need help with doing dressings on my feet and I really struggle to prep food etc. My doctor supported me in getting a disabled parking permit but the need for an electric wheelchair when I'm really bad is going to need an adapted vehicle but I'm not currently eligible for Motability or similar schemes. I have to admit I'd never considered I'd be eligible but it's a lifelong condition and I'm actually currently less mobile than a friend who has cerebral palsy and another who is a paraplegic. I was really surprised to get a disabled parking permit and it looks like I'm getting a disabled parking bay too.

Posted Mon 29 Apr 2024 15.43 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Well it took a while but I just got higher rate for both mobility and daily living components of PIP. Will be reassessed in two years. Happy to help anyone navigate the process.

To take part, sign in or register with us