Nail psoriasis

Posted Mon 5 Feb 2024 21.35 by LaughingFlea

Hi, Is there a special nail varnish to treat nail psoriasis? I had to remove half or my finger nail because it was not bonding with nail bed. I had this situation for the past two years and the nail grows but it still does not attach itself to the nail bed. What can I do to help it? I have the usual lotions and creams at home, but never used it for this purpose. Should I? Will it also work for an ear? Thank you. (Scalp psoriasis sufferer)

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2024 08.35 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

If you've got access to the nail bed then one of the topical steroids might help - the issue with nail psoriasis is usually finding a way of delivering medication to the nail bed (either by penetrating the plate or injection). There's probably scar tissue preventing the the nail bed from doing it's job properly. It might be worth seeing a podiatrist for advice on next steps.

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2024 17.50 by LaughingFlea

Thank you kiloran, I will use Dovobet cream at night and coconut oil during the day. Even though there is only half of the nail opened, half is better than nothing. I can see the scar tissue and uneven base underneath. I was looking for a podiatrist nearby, but none of them advertised treating the finger nails, it was all about feet. I might contact them again and ask.

Posted Tue 6 Feb 2024 17.53 by kiloran
From Lichen Planus to Plaque Psoriasis to Palmoplantar and Nail psoriasis - newly diagnosed 2023

Even a good nail salon might be able to help - some are trained in nail health as well as the cosmetic aspects.

To take part, sign in or register with us