Humidity levels in home - PIV system recommended

Posted Wed 28 Feb 2024 19.21 by Lesley

Hi there, I’m a long-term psoriasis sufferer (over 25 years now, unfortunately!), and I wondered if I could reach out on the off-chance that at least one other person has changed the humidity levels in their house, and can let me know what happened? Basically, after getting excess condensation and some mold patches in our old house, we’ve been recommended a PIV system (positive input ventilation) to put in our loft, to reduce our humidity levels. We are 90% convinced to go for it, but I’m a bit concerned it could dry out my skin and make my psoriasis worse. Has anyone tried something like this? If so, what happened? I’m hoping if anything the air would be purer (I understand it to be cleaner, filtered air, which can remove pollen and other allergens), so perhaps it could even help a bit? Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone can help, or at least provide me with their thoughts on this (I’ve tried Googling it to get some answers, but found nothing). Thanks!

Posted Sun 28 Apr 2024 17.19 by Oceanblue70

HiI, I'm interested to know if you went for the PIV system as I am a ventilation engineer.

To take part, sign in or register with us