Click here for COVID-19 (coronavirus) advice for people living with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
AMRC Open Research
The Psoriasis Association is pleased to be a partner in AMRC Open Research, which allows our grant holders to publish their work on this rapid, author-led, open publishing platform.
AMRC Open Research is the open access publishing platform for work funded by AMRC (Association of Medical Research Charities) member charities. Hosted and managed by F1000 Research, the platform was developed by a number of AMRC members to help overcome some of the challenges with traditional publishing. It has been designed to give researchers increased control over the publishing process and provide an open, accessible home for all data and outputs from charity funded research.
Benefits to researchers of publishing on AMRC Open Research are:
- Low cost - the article processing costs are low (£920 or less) compared to other hybrid or open access journals.
- Fast – articles can be published within a week, and other research outputs can be published within days.
- Inclusive – no editorial decisions are made based on the topic or perceived impact of the work, meaning that negative and null results are encouraged. In addition, a wide range of research outputs can be published, including protocols, methods, data, notes, posters, slides, and documents.
- Transparent – open, invited peer review by experts follows publication and all comments, responses and revisions are published alongside the article. This helps to bring constructive discussion to the peer review process.
- Reproducible – source data is published alongside articles, helping to accelerate scientific progress.
- Open – everyone can access the content on the platform, maximising the impact of published research.
For articles: Articles are submitted through a single-page submission system. Following this, the AMRC Open Research editorial team carries out prepublication checks to ensure that all policies and ethical guidelines are adhered to.
The article is published within a week of the authors finalising the manuscript, after which expert peer reviewers are invited. The reports and names of the reviewers are published alongside the article, as well as the authors’ responses.
Following peer review, revised versions of the article can be published. These are linked to the original article, but are independently citable.
- For posters, slides and documents: Posters, slides and documents are also submitted through a single-page submission system. There are no author fees and publication is rapid, if not immediate, and fully open access. Posters, slides and documents receive a DOI (digital object identifier) and are citable after they have been checked by the AMRC Open Research editorial team.
How does it work?
How can I find out more or submit an article?
What if I can't fund the article processing costs?
The Psoriasis Association has some limited funds to assist Psoriasis Association-funded researchers who have had a paper accepted in a peer reviewed open access journal, but are unable to cover the article processing costs. Please note that researchers are only eligible to apply for this funding if they have already approached their institution and other grant providers for funding and have been unsuccessful. If you are interested in applying for this funding, please complete the Open Access Grant Application Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.