Join the free My Prudential RideLondon event to fundraise
for the Psoriasis Association from wherever you are! Taking place on the 15th-16th
The first ever virtual edition of Prudential RideLondon – the
world’s greatest festival of cycling – will take place on 15 and 16 August (the
event weekend) to celebrate cycling and raise funds to help save the UK’s
The Psoriasis Association, like many other charities, has
been hugely impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic as many of our key fundraising
events, such as the London 10K, have been either postponed or cancelled.
My Prudential RideLondon offers Psoriasis Association
supporters, of all ages and abilities, the opportunity to take part in a
fantastic challenge and raise crucial funds for our charity.
It is an exciting, free event that can be done anywhere in the
world. It offers people the chance to tackle a range of distances based on the
events included in the traditional Prudential RideLondon weekend.
How it works
My Prudential RideLondon includes four challenges for all ages and abilities that participants can do on a route of their choice, wherever they are in the world, on either 15 or 16 August:
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 100: 100-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 46: 46-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon-Surrey 19: 19-mile ride
- My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle: An event that allows you to set your own challenge (starting from 1km) on the wheels of your choice: bikes, push scooters, skateboards, trikes, balance bikes, roller skates, wheelchairs or anything that is self-propelled (e-bikes are fine too).
Participants who wish to ride for the Psoriasis Association need
to register in advance and select their challenge on the event website.
The site will also provide a link to Virgin Money Giving where they can set up
their fundraising page.
Once signed up, participants will be able to download the
new My Prudential RideLondon app in event week. This will give every
participant and supporter a unique ride day experience, including:
- A GPS function that enables friends and family to follow a rider’s progress on the virtual Prudential RideLondon route
- Creation of a personalised Prudential RideLondon certificate that shows the rider’s completed route and ride time
- Selfie frames to give riders personalised Prudential RideLondon finisher photographs
- Direct donation button through to each rider’s Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
In addition, every rider aged over 18 who registers will
have the option of being entered into a fantastic competition that has 25
top-quality prizes available including a brand new Brompton Bicycle valued at
more than £1,000, a HIGH5 nutrition bundle worth £250 and top- of-the-range
cycling equipment including a SRAM groupset and Zipp wheels.
Please keep in mind participants are asked to follow current Government
guidelines on cycling.
Sign up to take part in My Prudential RideLondon and select your event.
Don't forget to use the hashtag #MyPRL and tag us @PsoriasisUK on Instagram and Twitter in any posts or photos you share from your event.
Learn more about fundraising for the Psoriasis Association.