12 September 2023
The Psoriasis Association achieves PIF TICK re-accreditation
The PIF TICK is the only UK quality mark for trustworthy health information.
The Psoriasis Association is delighted to have been re-accredited with The PIF TICK, the only UK quality mark for trustworthy health information.
The PIF TICK accreditation is reviewed every 12 months to ensure the Psoriasis Association still meets all the quality mark criteria and processes.
Our re-accreditation, which was confirmed today, demonstrates our continued commitment to providing high quality, reliable and up-to-date information on an on-going basis.
When you see the PIF TICK on leaflets, websites, apps or videos, it shows an organisation’s health information has been through a professional and robust production process. Look out for the PIF TICK on our health information as well as any other information resources we produce in future that follow the certified production process.
To become a trusted information creator and to receive our accreditation for another year, we had to show that our health information has been through a professional and robust production process, is evidence based, understandable and jargon-free, and still meets the following 10 criteria:
- Information is created using a consistent and documented process.
- Staff are trained and supported to produce high-quality information.
- Information meets an identified consumer need.
- Information is based on reliable, up-to-date evidence.
- Patients are involved in the development of health information.
- Information is written in plain English.
- Print and digital information is easy to use and navigate.
- Users can give feedback on information.
- Information is promoted to make sure it reaches those who need it.
- The impact of information is measured.