Take a look at our achievements from the last 12 months.
2019 was another busy year here at the Psoriasis Association, seeing the end of our fiftieth anniversary celebrations, the award of four new research grants, and the roll out of our PsoWell training programme for healthcare professionals, amongst other things.
Click here to view a copy of Our Achievements 2019
Our annual review demonstrates how we have continued to work towards our three aims:
- Providing information, advice and support to people whose lives are affected by psoriasis;
- Raising awareness of psoriasis;
- Promoting and funding research into the causes, nature and care of psoriasis.
In 2019 we:
- Answered 779 helpline enquiries and advised 101 people through WhatsApp
- Funded 124 healthcare professionals to attend PsoWell workshops across the UK.
- Were supported by 61 fabulous fundraisers taking part in different activities
- Shared 30 people's stories
- Achieved 27 signatures from MPs supporting our Early Day Motion calling upon the Government to investigate ways to improve access to healthcare professionals for people with psoriasis planning a family
- Funded 4 new research grants (2 PhD studentships, the Cecil King Memorial Award, and 1 small grant)
- Released 4 videos from our 2019 Conference at the Royal Society in London
- Launched 4 new videos and 1 new infographic on treating psoriasis before, during and after pregnancy for Psoriasis Awareness Week
- Posted 4 issues of Pso magazine to each of our members
- Held 3 information stands during Psoriasis Awareness Week
- Recruited 2 new members of staff, growing our team to 8
- Ran 1 patient experience survey on biosimilars
- Represented the patient voice at meetings of the Dermatology Council for England, Cross Party Group on Skin (Wales) and Patient Support Groups at the British Association of Dermatologists.
- Worked closely with the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Skin on the problem of emollient rationing and on a major new report on the links between mental health and skin
- Attended a wide range of relevant conferences for Dermatologists, Nurses, Rheumatologists and GPs
Thank you for your support!